The Keepers Lodge
About the property
The Keepers Lodge is a lovely family holiday cabin based on a private estate in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. Designed with a stylish Alpine theme and gentle Highlands touches created to remind you that you are in fact in a timber chalet within the great outdoors. Enjoy cosy nights around the wood burning stove and appreciate the detail of the surroundings that include pine flooring, bone styled door handles, tweed fabrics and Highland scenes etched onto the glass internal doors. A time to unwind and relax, take in the stunning views from your private deck or for the more adventurous there is a whole host of leisure pursuits.
From its high hillside position The Keepers Lodge offers incredible vistas across Glen Dochart, Loch Lubhair and the mountains, which really helps guests to connect with nature. Admire the scenery from the fully enclosed private deck area which is furnished with a table and chairs, or alternatively from the comfortable surroundings inside the cabin through the wide patio doors.
The living area is fully open plan making it a great place for the family to come together and socialise. Get comfy on the large L-shaped sofa or sink into the armchair, turn on the LCD TV, which comes with Freeview SKY channels and Blu Ray DVD and enjoy a family movie.
A fully fitted Pasidena-styled kitchen that comprises aluminium and wood effect units continues the Alpine theme. Equipped with modern Bosch appliances including a built-in, mid-height double, microwave, ceramic hob and oven, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and larder fridge/freezer alongside a family dining table and chairs that comfortably seats six. Meanwhile, the heated boot and coat cupboard off the kitchen takes care of drying damp clothes after a day of fun in the great outdoors.
There are three bedrooms, one with a king size bed and two with two single beds. All the bedrooms are carpeted and feature partial pine wood wall cladding, wardrobe space. The beds all have 2000 spring pocket sprung mattresses with a Cashmere top and delightful Egyptian Cotton bed linen – a good night sleep is guaranteed after a day in the fresh air!
The bathroom is fully tiled and features a deep composite bath with over shower that’s great for a long soak reading a book with a glass of bubbles. All the bathroom luxury fittings are from premium brand Hans Grohe, which is renowned for quality and design.
On arrival at the privately-owned estate on which the lodge is located, there is a reception area for check-in, before heading on to The Keepers Lodge. There are a few steps up to the entrance of the cabin.
- Washing machine & laundry facilities
- Hot water
- Free parking on premises
- Fully fitted modern kitchen
- Dining table & chairs
- Oven & hob
- Private estate leading to the property
- Bed linen & towels
- Tempur comfort topper available on request
- BBQ (on request)
- Seated patio area
- Fire extinguisher
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Smoke detector
- First aid kit
- Free use of boats and kayaks
- Free use of games room with table tennis, table football, pool table and small gym
- Paddle board hire
- 5 miles of wild salmon and trout estate loch and river fishing
- Clay pigeon and target shooting available on request at an additional charge
- Pubs and restaurants nearby
The Keepers Lodge features programmable, low energy, mineral-filled electric heating. The privately-owned estate on which the cabin is located attracts an array of Scottish wildlife including ospreys, deer and red squirrels. To help the birdlife of the area a number of bird feeders and boxes are situated in the grounds, so there is almost always something to see. Guests are also encouraged to recycle their food waste to make compost to be used on the estate, whilst there is a tree adoption scheme where you can have a tree planted in your name.
If you’d like to offset the carbon emissions from your trip get in touch and we can arrange this for a small fee.
The Keepers Lodge enjoys an elevated position and is close to a forested area which is great for morning walks. Or, dig out your binoculars and see what water birds you can spot on the loch, or which planets can be spotted in the clear night sky. The estate also offers a good array of outdoor activities, many free, such as mountain-biking, salmon and trout fishing (in season), canoeing and kayaking.
The private estate also has a games room, small gym and a visitor centre with a small shop selling essentials, freshly prepared ready-made meals and local meats.
Nearby in Crianlarich village, you will find a small selection of amenities including a village store, butcher and tea room.
The Keepers Lodge is about 2 miles away from the pretty village of Crianlarich and is best accessed by car. It is a great base from which to explore Central and West Scotland, with Loch Lomond about 20 minutes away, Glencoe 40 minutes, the coastal town of Oban 45 minutes, Stirling, Fort William and Glasgow within 1 hour 30 minutes, and Edinburgh about 2 hours.
Keep in mind
The owners are very happy to welcome well behaved dogs to stay in this property but for the benefit of all their guests they require all dog owners to adhere to the following ‘Dog Rules’:-
- 1 or 2 small to medium sized dogs by prior arrangement only.
- There is a dog fee of £30 per pet applied.
- You hereby agree that as a dog owner you are responsible for the behaviour of your dog during your stay.
- Worm and flea treatments must be up to date.
- You agree to accept full responsibility for any damage and/or soiling caused by your dog during your stay and agree to pay the cost of any repairs or additional cleaning requirements.
- If you have a group booking of more than one cottage, please ensure your dog(s) do not enter any chalet/cottage other than the one you are staying in. Otherwise we will levy an additional dog fee for the extra cleaning costs.
- Please bring plenty of poo bags and clean up after your dog.
- Dogs are not allowed on any furniture including beds and sofas.
- Dogs must not be left alone in the holiday chalets/cottages unless they are in a crate and you are absolutely sure they will not bark continuously.
- Unfortunately dogs that bark continuously are not allowed as they will disturb other guests. If any dog persistently causes a nuisance or distress we reserve the right ask the owners to leave.
- Please bring plenty of your own dog towels for drying.
- Please be considerate of anyone who may not be familiar or comfortable with dogs.
- There will be other guests and maybe other dogs staying so please keep your dog(s) on a lead when taking your dog to your car, or setting out on a walk direct from the door.
Please ensure you are familiar with and follow the Countryside Code when out for a walk.
From £130 per night
For all enquiries, please get in touch.